- Builder: Pullman Standard Car Manufacturing - Chicago
- Built: 1948
- Type: Sleeper/Lounge/Observation
- Capacity: At seat light meals: 25 | Dining table meals: 16
- Night Capacity: Six guests + two crew (see floor plan for configuration)
Note: Does your group size exceed the capacity above?
Contact Us to discuss using additional cars that we partner with.
- Bedroom A: Master bedroom featuring a full-size bed with private toilet and shower annex
- Bedroom B: Double bedroom with lower and upper Pullman style berths sharing a toilet and shower annex with the adjoining room
- Bedroom C: Double bedroom with lower and upper Pullman style berths sharing a toilet and shower annex with the adjoining room
- Bedroom D: Master bedroom featuring a full-size bed with private toilet and shower annex
- The "Lookout" lounge features 14 comfortable seating positions.
- The lower lounge (cocktail lounge) doubles as a dining area for 8 guests at a time.
The capacites of the Hickory Creek depends on whether the car is being used for daytime or overnight travel and the meal service desired. For example, when operating during the daytime where full meal service is desired, the daytime capacity is 16 guests. This allows for two seatings of eight for dining.
Swipe left or right to view photos.
The Hickory Creek was built in 1948 by the Pullman Standard Car Manufacturing Company for the New York Central System's 20th Century Limited. The unique configuration by renowned industrial designer Henry Dreyfus, included five double-bedrooms, a buffet and an observation lounge. The lounge was divided into two sections - an upper and lower, with the upper being raised approximately 12 inches higher than the rest of the car. This area had comfortable New York club seating with oversized windows.